Saturday, November 1, 2014

The final thought of the day... Err... Night.

I love when my mind gets into the zone of 'ultimate creativity.' For example, many writers can relate to the fact that when we are inspired by some wild, colorful idea, we can write about it for hours. That is until something gets in the way. Refreshing the coffee cup, running to the bathroom, even a phone call you are so annoyed with because you are in the zone.
But as I am a new author, and in my first book, promoted my blog on the first page, hoping for lots of interactive comments, I am discovering that I am NOT getting any new blog followers, and only a few are making comments. What the readers are doing, is messaging me on Facebook. I get excited when I hear that deafening 'ping' alerting me I have a new message.
The reader tells me they like such and such character, and I take note of that interaction, as this is the point of the "Moments in Time" trilogy. It is my intention, in all three books to maintain a fictional chronological articulation of key moments in time that Georgie experiences, and while each chapter is a different sexual scenario, the intention is to get the readers involved. Make the readers a part of future books. By that, I do not mean, make them a character, but rather to elaborate on each character that Georgie interacts with, and write an entirely new book of his time with that character, based on the readers likes.
For example tonight, one reader told me about the 'guy in the jacuzzi.' And I instantly knew who she meant. She loved the fact that I never revealed the name of this guy, although we spent several close days in the car together. I intentionally wrote about this stranger, and after a steamy hot sex scene, maintaining the theme of love hard, and lose that character, Georgies grandmother washed the jeans where the strangers info had been written on a piece of paper.
In book 3, the final chapter, the strangers name (has to be THE perfect name) will be revealed by having him recognize Georgie in a public place (it has to be the perfect place), and his approach has to be perfect, and the reuniting a lost love will create a dramatic impact on Warren and Georgies lives (Hehe. Spoiler! You don't know who Warren is until Book two)
The point of tonight's blog is to encourage readers to post comments on Amazon, Good Reads and on Facebook and share with me what character they want to get to know better. It is the entire purpose of the series.
While reviews sell books, and I am so happy with my first FIVE star review. I read that review every night before I go to bed. I want readers to interact with me, and inspire me by discussing key points in each characters experience, tell me their feelings, so that I can create more entertainment opportunities for them to explore.

I will make an unofficial announcement that shortly after Thanksgiving, and the release of the third book in the series, "Moments in Time Detours: Sometimes the wrong way can be the right way, I will begin to promote a monthly series called "The 99 cent Quickie." Which will feature approximately 100 pages of Georgie, and potentially Warren's interactions with the characters that the readers connect with. The first book will be released on January 1st, and will last for six months. In-depth detail will be released soon. Right now, Writing must be interrupted by sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment